Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thing 1: The habits I call my own

Out of the 7 1/2 habits of lifelong learners, the easiest one for me is to be accountable for my own learning. While it is easy to blame someone else, such as a teacher or a friend, when you do not do well in a course, it is much easier to take the blame so that you can find a way to do better. Though it took a long time, I have finally found that blaming other people for my failures does not help me to succeed and the only thing that can is for me to grow up and admit that I have done something to cause my failure and I may not want to do that again.
The hardest habit for me, however, is viewing problems as challenges. In the past, I have had a tendency to take the path of least resistance and I tend to crack under pressure. When things get hard, I find that focusing is almost impossible, as is accomplishing anything. To help with that, I have learned to turn big problems into smaller problems and fix them accordingly. Viewing them as challenges, I hope to find, will also help to fix the problems. Humans are very competitive creatures, though some more than others, and I am no exception. I take delight in proving myself and will strive to do so.
I hope to learn more interesting tips like these while I explore the Web for I know they are there. The trouble is finding out where they are and weeding the good tips from the bad ones. Setting up the blog was pretty simple and I am quite excited about having the opportunity to write one, as I will explain in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. I value your opinion on my path to learn as much as I can.