Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thing 3 for the future

There are so many useful ways I can use this, or any, blog in my future career as a teacher. Since I plan to work with younger children, the main way I will end up using one is to communicate with parents and other teachers. Since I can open many blogs at a time, I can even set one up specifically for parents and have a separate one for teachers. The possibilities for classifications are endless. When communicating with parents, I could use the blog to send out a daily/weekly/monthly newsletter and post updates on classroom events and supplies needed. It could also be used as a handy tool for getting the word out about fund-raisers or school programs. When communicating with teachers, I could post anything from questions about certain areas to tips and advice that I have found while teaching. If something happens during the day that makes me happy or I hear something that makes me smile, I can share that happiness with my fellow teachers. A blog also has the potential to help teachers collaborate when they have a project they need work on together. The possibilities become much wider with older students, as I can use the blog to give homework and answer questions. The students could use it much the same way teachers do to collaborate during a group project. The possibilities go on and on because anything I can do with a group of students, parents, or teachers in real life can potentially be done online with just a click of a button. This is a great way to keep the lines of communication open, however, it should not be the only way. There are still so many parents and students who do not have computer or Internet access and may not be able to communicate this way. Therefore, it is still a good idea to communicate with the parents as soon as possible to see if this is an option for them. If not, then finding another way to communicate with that parent is essential. Whether it be by calling, sending home letters, or dropping in at home to visit, communication is too important to allow it to slip from my fingers due to a simple lack of technology. I feel the need to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. I value your opinion on my path to learn as much as I can.