Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thing 6 visits Google Documents

https://drive.google.com/?pli=1#my-drive
Google Docs is a very useful tool for many different reasons. I love to write so Google Docs is a great place for me to put my works so that I can work on them on any computer as well as have a backup should something happen to my home computer. Google Docs can be used for almost anything though. When you log on to Google Docs, you find the home page which has a list of all the documents you have made. Listed with the document will be its title, owner, and last date modified as well as a check-box that is used much the same way as the check-box in most email profiles and a star that you can use to star certain documents. When you click on the title, the document opens and you can edit it (with permission from the owner). The toolbar above the document allows you to print, change the font, align the text, change the color or background, or make a bulleted/numbered list. Many of the tools are the same that are used in Microsoft Word which makes for easy working and it saves automatically every few minutes. When you finish typing your document, you can save it as a draft or you can choose to share it in many different ways. You can use your G-mail account to email it to your contacts with one click or you can share it on Google +, Facebook, or Twitter. You can set the privacy settings for each document so if there is a document that you want to be public and edited but another that you do not want anyone to see you can do that. In the classroom, Google Docs (partnered with G-mail) can be used to turn in assignments as well as to save presentations (because you can also make PowerPoint presentations and Excel Documents on Google Docs) online for easy access once the student is back in the classroom and ready to use it. I particularly like using Google Docs (over the other websites that do the same things) because of the simple design and easy use.  I do not think there is anything I do not like about this tool. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. I value your opinion on my path to learn as much as I can.