Saturday, October 6, 2012

'Google' Thing 12

The more I use Google the more I love it. I have been using Google for years as a search engine and e-mail provider and even as a web explorer. This semester, I have learned a lot of other useful things that Google can do. Blogging, RSS feeding, and so much more. I have used Google Translate before for many uses (and loved it). Kids can use Google Translate in their foreign language classes for quick and easy translations. It can even further their knowledge in the foreign language if the teacher expects them to check the translation for errors (as we all know computers make them). Google Alert was a new one but one that could prove very useful in my personal life because I have a lot of trouble keeping up with the news so maybe now I can keep up with the things that interest me and not have to sift through everything so it will be easier to keep up. Students can use it for current events. I remember having to report on a current event every week in high school and it was my least favorite assignment. With something like Google Alert students can have updates of their favorite news stories sent directly to them and always have something to talk about. How revolutionary! It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. I value your opinion on my path to learn as much as I can.