Thursday, November 29, 2012

Facebook thing 18

My facebook page

The importance of knowing about social media--and more importantly, how to use it--is vital for educators. It is extremely important that educators understand that EVERYONE can see ANYTHING they post on either of these sites: your friends, boss, parents, and students (if you add them) will know when you post a status, picture, or life event. This means that, as educators, we have to be very professional and think before we post anything on facebook or twitter (or any other site for that matter). I prefer facebook over twitter simply because it is easier for me to do things on facebook (probably because I have had an account for so long). I have problems understanding the concept of twitter. With that being said, in my opinion, facebook is the more useful of the two. I can see the potential for school application on these sites. For example, Austin Peay College of Education has a page on facebook that they can post events on for the students in the group to see and stay up to date. Something like that can be used with a classroom as well to communicate between coworkers, students, and their parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments. I value your opinion on my path to learn as much as I can.